Monday, June 1, 2009

I live this quote.

"I've realized that they'll be able to look at an old picture of me and be able to tell when and how I died, but that won't bother me so much as long as they also know, how wildly my heart would flitter beneath my shirt and how I would not tame nor allow tamed the dreamer inside. Finally, I want to tell you one of the reasons that I came here. To tell you to smile and be beautiful, to allow longing stares to be abbreviated things. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Don't be so diligent to holdd things that your hands are able to grip. Place a smile into the hearts of others and you life into theirs. Even though they may hold on for a moment in life, they could never hold a life as big, beautiful, and wild as your own, else they might never let it go. "


I love this quote. It is from some liner notes. Liner notes from a recording artist who calls Fayetteville, AR home. Liner notes from Benjamin Del Shreve. I know many of my friends consider him a pompous ass, but everytime I read this (daily), I can't agree. It is brilliant and charming. It describes everything that I want my life to be.

We don't have to try to impress. You already do. Embracing everything about yourself is the key to happiness, and probably one of the hardest things to accomplish in life.

Love yourself.

Love your friends.

Love your family.

Love your accomplishments, dreams, desires, and fears.

Allow everything that happens to you make a positive impact.

Love you as much as I love you.

Always and forever,

brit.

No comments:

Post a Comment