Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Great Escape/Experiment

It has been brought to my attention that vacations are not only escapes, but experiments.

You run off to a place that is considered paradise....and you are tested. The quality of friendships, the personalities of the people you surround yourself with, or your own personal strengths and weaknesses.

I have realized much that I won't post in a blog...because blogs mean the whole world can read it. I don't need everyone to see my open books. Some are best left close.

Lesson learned...

For me, this trip to Puerto Viejo has tested all of these things. I am not always attacking life with my eyes wide open. I do not always remember to look all around me instead of straight in front...

Now. Now, I feel like I will remember to do it always. People aren't always what they seem, you aren't always who you think, and paradise doesn't have to be in a tropical destination.

One of the best things in the world, in my opinion, is waking up to a bright sunshine and waves crashing onto a black sand beach. Another great thing is realizing that you don't have to do it with anyone.

More to follow.
Pura Vida.
Always,
brit.

No comments:

Post a Comment