Friday, July 17, 2009

shut your mouth....and open your eyes.

There are times in my life when I wish that I was a little stronger, a little better at seeing through things as opposed to gazing at them with eyes full of wonder.

I remember when I went to Paris, France. I was 21 years old, and in complete disarray. This remembrance is focused on my trip to the Louvre. Le Louvre is intense. It is huge. It cannot be properly appreciated in 1 day. Because of this, my friend Liz and I each picked out a personal favorite, the Mona Lisa ( I mean it was DaVinci for Christ sake) and a room. My personal choice was "The Raft of The Medusa" by Gericault.

The painting is the autobiography for people lost and not searced for. It is real. it was a political outcry for reform. Research it. Learn about it.



This painting was/is everything I could ask for in a piece of art. It is historical, beautiful, symbolic, and factual. It was something I didn't expect...HUGE! It was so much more than I expected!! The "Mona Lisa" was comparable to a piece of copy paper, but this took up an entire wall. I stared, mesmerized, until my time passed.

This "mesmirization" is my down fall. I find things and love them. I want to care for them, and make their world as beautiful as I see mine. I want you to soak up all that I see, and take advantage of the right things. I want you to understand why I think you are beautiful, brilliant, charming, and mesmerizing to me.

LOOK AT THE PAINTING. It is full of despair, longing, famine, and death. Why would I want you to think it is lovely? Why would I want you to understand why I think it is?

Simply said, I want you to look deeper than the paint on the canvas. I want you to see that it is real. It is suffering. It is survival. It is the lives being lead, and the lives we will lead. It is a person reaching out for the people that surround him - being a voice for those that won't be heard.

It is someone who cares, loves, and becomes mesmerized.




It is understanding, and compromise.

I want someone to understand my perspective, and know that I don't care if we agree. I want you to look at it from the outside in and the inside out. Don't take adavantage of it.

Look at it.
Appreciate it.
Understand it without judging.

When this happens...
Maybe we could all feel better in the morning.


xx.
brit.

No comments:

Post a Comment